I love a good bath as much as anyone but I take a shower every day so I need something luxurious and beneficial for my shower too. The means a shower melt or fizz. They are so easy to make and so versatile. You create several at a time without any fragrance and then add your own as you need a certain aroma.
If one day you need to clear your head, drop some Eucalyptus Essential Oil on the shower melt (My hubby’s favorite), if you are taking an evening shower and want to relax, add some Lavender Essential Oil. Whatever aroma you need at the time for your wellness or well-being, that’s what you drop on your shower melt. I love versatile things like this! Plus you can get really creative with mixing scents and oils.
Now for the recipe:
• 1 cup of baking soda
• About 1/3 cup of water
• 3-6 drops of the Essential Oil of your choice. (Use only high quality essential oils - cheap oils often contain synthetic chemicals that can harm you.)
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Prepare a muffin tin with cupcake liners. (Silicone or foil liners work best.)
- Add the baking soda to a mixing bowl. Add the water slowly to form a paste.
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake liners, filling each liner about halfway.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely. Leave the shower melts in the foil liners or remove from the silicone liner and place in paper liners. They are slightly fragile so the more you handle them, the more they can fall apart.
When you are ready for a shower, add 3-6 Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils to the top of your shower melt and place in the corner of your shower. It will break down as you shower and release the amazing aroma. Enjoy!